§ 92.152. APPLICATION OF SUBCHAPTER. (a) This subchapter
does not apply to:
(1) a room in a hotel, motel, or inn or to similar
(2) residential housing owned or operated by a public
or private college or university accredited by a recognized
accrediting agency as defined under Section 61.003, Education Code;
(3) residential housing operated by preparatory
schools accredited by the Texas Education Agency, a regional
accrediting agency, or any accrediting agency recognized by the
commissioner of education; or
(4) a temporary residential tenancy created by a
contract for sale in which the buyer occupies the property before
closing or the seller occupies the property after closing for a
specific term not to exceed 90 days.
(b) Except as provided by Subsection (a), a dwelling to
which this subchapter applies includes:
(1) a room in a dormitory or rooming house;
(2) a mobile home;
(3) a single family house, duplex, or triplex; and
(4) a living unit in an apartment, condominium,
cooperative, or townhome project.
Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 357, § 3, eff. Sept. 1,
1993; Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 126, § 1, eff. Aug. 28, 1995;
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 869, § 2, eff. Jan. 1, 1996.
|§ 92.152. APPLICATION OF SUBCHAPTER.